By the Numbers
From 2012-2017, three seasons of center stage...
- Visited 85 communities in 34 states and Washington, DC
- Hosted 154 artists in 24 ensembles (17 made their U.S. debuts) from Algeria, Haiti, Indonesia, Morocco, Pakistan, Tanzania, and Vietnam
- Booked 227 performances -- indoors and out, ticketed & free
- Planned 642 educational, community, and artist-to-artist activities
- Traveled 91,000+ cumulative tour miles
- Connected with 141,000+ U.S. audience members, participants, and students
- Garnered tens of millions global media impressions (online and print)
- Engaged millions more people around the globe through social media and online content
in 2018, 5 more ensembles from 2 new countries will join the Center Stage family...
- Dina Elwedidi (Giza, Egypt) A sophisticated musical innovator, Elwedidi ravels the personal-political threads of Egyptian heritage and contemporary identity.
- Kurbasy (Lviv, Ukraine/U.S. debut) Tight vocal harmonies, resonant lyrics, and phantasmagoric visual imagery from the Carpathian mountains.
- Mohamed Abozekry & Karkadé (Cairo, Egypt/U.S. debut) Virtuoso oud prodigy convenes Egypt’s popular and classical music traditions, Sufi calls, and secular poetry with a new instrumental project.
- Teatr-Pralnia with CCA Dakh (Kyiv, Ukraine/U.S. debut) A rambunctious and audacious super-charged puppet cabaret asks ‘TseSho?/What’s That?’
- Youssra El Hawary (Cairo, Egypt/U.S. debut) A musical bellwether of everyday life, El Hawary’s indie sound captures the stories of Cairo and the alchemy of the Mediterranean basin.